Friday, February 8, 2008

Las Vegas

Our Vegas trip was a lot of fun. It started out kinda rough. Our plane couldn't land in Idaho Falls to pick us up because of the runway conditions. So, instead of leaving at 12:10 on Monday afternoon, we left at 6:30 that night. But we finally got there and the lights were amazing. We wore ourselves out walking everywhere the first day. Looking down the strip, the motels don't look that far away until you walk to all of them. But the next few days, we bought bus passes for $5 a day you can ride unlimited to any motel. We saw the "Tournament of Kings" show which is a mid-evil dinner show at the Excalibur. We ate dinner with our hands. The show included sword fighting, jousting, and acrobatics from the jesters. And was probably one of the only clean shows in Vegas. We also saw the Treasure Island show where they sink the boat. We rode the roller coaster at NY NY twice. I was a little scared, but Drew thought it was a blast! We also went to: the shark reef where we pet the sting rays, the lion exhibit at MGM, the dolphin exhibit at Mirage, the Sigfrid and Roy white lion exhibit at Mirage, the old car show at Imperial Palace, Madame Tussuad's wax museum at the Venetian,(where I got to kiss Tim Mcgraw on the cheek.) I was embarrassed and he was only wax! We also watched the Volcano at the Mirage and circus acts at Circus Circus. Apart from all of our fun, we did take time to eat a lot of good food and take a few naps in the afternoons. We even lost a little money on the slot machines. My favorite was the blackjack machine. Our flight home was on time and we were happy to see our kids.
We didn't have much time to rest after our trip. We both got right back to work. Aside from my post office job, I have been helping out with the Miss Rexburg Scholorship Program so I've been pretty busy with that. Our competition is this Saturday so it should be a lot of fun. I'm not quite sure why I was asked to help, I know nothing about pageants but I'm learning and having a lot of fun.

The Hen Party plans and Christmas party plans sound great! Are there any plans for our Erickson reunion this summer?

No comments: