Monday, November 17, 2008

Family Christmas Party

'Tis the Season and several family members have called asking about our family christmas party and so I wanted to give everyone an update. Our Dad has requested that we CANCEL, yes cancel the Christmas party (bah Humbug!) due to the economic crisis. He suggested that those family members living close to each other get together but not to travel long distances. So-I am sending out the message to get a feedback from all families involved. Jingle Bells to all!

5 comments:

Drew and Mariann said...

When is Dad not a bah humbug when it comes to family get-togethers? Dad called me the Sunday after talking to Janine and said "when she calls to ask you, you tell her you want to cancel too." I told him...we'll see. As Andrew pointed out to me after our conversation, "You don't know how much longer Dad's going to be around and we need to spend time with him as a family." I agree. I heard Laura mention that a church in Pocatello might be available for our party. That sounds fine to me, or anywhere really.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mariann. We should still have the party. I think that life can go on even in the midst of change and gas is now half what it was last summer. I vote for the weekend between christmas and new year.

Anonymous said...

i agree with Mariann. It is important to get together. there will always be reasons to cancel or not do something...the point of getting together is just that, GETTING TOGETHER.

Deonn said...

Let's have it whether or not Dad can make it - it's IMPORTANT for us to continue. What an amazing year of changes nearly EVERYONE has had during this past year!!! We need the time together.


Is the community center in Lewiston still an option? We can have it here at our home if you'd like, (which will be our home for another two days - though we will not move until after Christmas). I am the Ghost of Christmas Past in "A Christmas Carol" again this season (December 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, and 22nd) so a Sunday would work better for me - or maybe between holidays? January? Let's not cancel by any means.
There's my 2 cents. :)

Teresa said...

Agree with all comments thus far; we should still have it. :)